TANNOY STIRLING III LZ SPECIAL EDITION (EACH)
2 Way Floorstanding 10" Dual Concentric HiFi Loudspeaker (Oiled Walnut)
- Special Edition model, homage to the Legendary III LZ first released in 1967
- 2 way floorstanding loudspeaker for medium to large sized rooms
- Dual Concentric driver technology provides class leading coherence and point source imaging
- 10" highly efficient driver with 93 dB/Watt sensitivity and 500 Watt peak power handling to deliver breath-taking dynamics and realism
- Classic Pepperpot Waveguide and Alnico motor system to deliver a sweet, natural and inherently coherent sound.
- Aluminium-magnesium alloy diaphragm and Mylar surround compression driver delivers exceptional clarity and articulation throughout the high frequency range
- Sophisticated crossover network, featuring Tannoy customized capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and thick film resistors, delivering a more natural and cohesive sound
- Front mounted control panel, houses 2 band energy control with boost and attenuation compensation for room design and tailoring to personal preference
- Tannoy customized bi-wire able binding posts to improve signal transmission and integrity
- Fifth binding post provides grounding to reduce radio frequency interference and improves midrange clarity
- Front firing Distributed Port system gives powerful and extended low frequency performance
- Handcrafted oiled walnut veneered cabinet, utilising high density particle board. Which provides extreme rigidity, to control low frequency performance
- Extensive bracing incorporating DMT (Differential Materials Technology) to couple drivers to cabinets
- Precision machined, gold anodised aluminium Special Edition adjustment panel and metal trim complements the aesthetic of the real wood cabinet
- Specially formulated Prestige wood wax provided to keep cabinet in pristine condition
- Tannoy - Around 100 years of British sound heritage and innovation
A New Legend is Born!
When the Beatles ”All you need is love” reached the UK Top 10 in 1967, Tannoy released the legendary III LZ (Monitor Red) With a 10” Dual concentric transducer that was specifically designed for small enclosures, providing the warmth and clarity of its bigger 12” and 15” counterparts.
More than just a tribute to the legendary III LZ first released in 1967, it offers a wide-frequency response and deep bass extension for natural imaging at high SPLs.
Years of acoustic excellence have led to this moment; you’ll hear every boom, breath and beat with a new level of clarity and depth.
Faithful to the Original
Every design element crucial to the STIRLING III LZ’s breathtaking dynamic range, clarity of sound and classic look has been faithfully preserved. This new version of the classic benefits greatly from the evolution of driver and electronic component technology. In keeping with the Tannoy mode of excellence, each STIRLING III LZ’s loudspeaker cabinets are completely handcrafted by our highly skilled team of artisans.
They are a match made in heaven if you listen to Orchestral Music, Rock, Pop, Blues or Soul. That said, they are perfectly capable of generating goosebumps when you listen to Jazz, R’n’B, Heavy Metal or anything in between.
Dual Concentric Precision
We invented the dual concentric speaker design in 1947, and it has been refined and improved continuously over the decades.
With the STIRLING III LZ SPECIAL EDITION you get the very latest incarnation of this pristine design that has won critical acclaim over and over for nearly 70 years!
The Dual Concentric driver used in STIRLING III LZ’s provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging for that highly sought after truly natural sound. Thanks to its Pepperpot Waveguide and Alnico motor system, STIRLING III LZ delivers breathtaking dynamics, powerful transient response and unparalleled realism across a wide frequency range with an almost total lack of colouration. Combine that with an aluminium-magnesium diaphragm and Mylar surround compression driver and you get studio quality tones and perfectly balanced sound pressures in all directions.
Outstanding Components are Just the Starting Point
Since loudspeakers perform their work in your living space, instead of an anechoic chamber, a front mounted 2 band energy control panel allows you to selectively boost or cut the high frequencies to fit your room or personal taste. STIRLING III LZ also has Tannoy customized binding posts to provide optimal signal transmission and integrity, plus a fifth binding post to reduce RF interference and improved mid-range clarity.
The enclosure is made following some of the original III LZ design characteristics but benefits from new high-density materials that weren’t available back in the 1960s. The resulting cabinet provides extreme rigidity to control low frequency performance and boasts extensive bracing incorporating DMT (Differential Materials Technology) for proper driver coupling. The sound is paramount. But if you can make speakers that deliver divine sound appear both elegantly and naturally in any room, we see absolutely no reason to avoid doing so.
The tried, tested and beloved dual concentric speaker design paired with masterful cabinetry design and craftmanship really does make a difference.
The Heritage Lives On
Tannoy’s long and storied Heritage lives on in the new STIRLING III LZ SPECIAL EDITION Floor-Standing Hi Fi Loudspeaker; a Heritage that has endured the test of time and adapted with the evolution of technology.
Every STIRLING III LZ SPECIAL EDITION includes an owner’s care package as well as a Birth Certificate heralding its authenticity. STIRLING III LZ simply has to be experienced.
Oh, and of course 90 years of hands-on experience with developing and manufacturing some of the best speakers the world has ever seen. And just like the original III LZ, our STIRLING III LZ SPECIAL EDITION speakers are designed and manufactured in the UK.
|Frequency response 1
29 Hz - 27 kHz (-6 dB)
|Recommended amplifier power
20 - 250 W
|Power handling (IEC)
125 W continuous, 500 W peak
90 degrees conical
93 dB (1 W @ 1 m)
|Maximum SPL 2
114 dB continuous, 120 dB peak
|Low frequency dual concentric
250 mm (10") with paper pulp cone with twin roll impregnated fabric surround, 52 mm (2") round wire voice coil
|High frequency dual concentric
52 mm (2") aluminium/magnesium alloy dome with round wire voice coil and mylar surround