ORTOFON - MC ANNA DIAMOND PHONO CARTRIDGE
Pay as per month with Paybright
The MC Anna Diamond design elements
• The housing and the body of the cartridge are made in Titanium with the Selective Laser Melting technique
• High-performance iron-cobalt alloy is applied for select parts of the magnet system.
• The Wide-Range armature damping system provides complete elimination of unwanted resonance.
• The Ortofon Replicant 100 diamond, thin and light, with an extraordinarily large contact surface, provides tracing accuracy unparalleled by any other needle in existence.
• The use of Diamond cantilever in the MC Anna Diamond has prompted a paradigm shift in our understanding of analogue reproduction. The improvements found in the use of a Diamond cantilever have redefined the boundaries of analog reproduction, presenting greater inner detail, subtlety, and depth like never before.
High-end materials and benefits of technology
The MC Anna Diamond employs a greater degree of control over vibrations by a way of a newly-improved Wide-Range armature damping system. By extending the armature beyond the coils, it can interface directly with the rubber dampers, which sandwich a small heavy disc of platinum. This offers more consistent movement, and thereby better stereo perspective and transient delineation.
System resonances are also damped by the use of the Thermo Plastic Elastomer (TPE) compound which comprises the bottom cover assembly.
The MC Anna Diamond makes use of Ortofon’s Replicant 100 diamond, known for its thin and light profile and extraordinarily large contact surface. Since the Replicant 100 is closest to the shape of the cutting stylus, it can trace with accuracy unparalleled by any other needle in existence. Special polishing of the diamond along with the use of a Diamond cantilever provides the best possible interface between the stylus and armature, owing to its hardness and crystal structure.
Higher efficiency magnet system
The optimized geometry of the magnet system combined with choice materials like neodymium and iron-cobalt offers an unprecedented consistency of the flux density within the system’s air gap. Due to an increase of active material inside of the magnet system, the magnetic field strength is delivered more uniformly, allowing each coil to sense identical flux density regardless of its position. Because of this, dynamics and impulse linearity are preserved to an overwhelming extent.
The use of this optimized magnet system allows for the use of a lightweight, non-magnetic armature, which also provides noteworthy benefit to the dynamic capability of the MC Anna Diamond. The reason for this is that our specially designed precision moulded non-magnetic armature does not alter the magnetic field during movement. Hence when combined with ultrapure oxygen-free copper coil wire, it delivers perfect reproduction of the cantilever movements without compromise. The material applied for the armature has very high strength and rigidity.
The MC Anna Diamond
In 2019 the Ortofon Exclusives series of the highest-performing Moving Coil cartridges has been expanded to include a new premier model, the MC Anna Diamond.
The MC Anna Diamond model represents the highest echelon of Moving Coil cartridges. As its name suggests, the MC Anna Diamond uses a Diamond cantilever that in combination with Ortofon Replicant 100 diamond offers extreme transparency, speed and responsiveness beyond that of any other combination.
This state of the art product, representative of numerous Ortofon design elements and ideas, is truly exemplary of the highest degree of performance possible in contemporary analogue playback technology.