PRO-JECT THE CLASSIC (2M-Silver)
Pay as per month with Paybright
- Belt drive with electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- Height adjustable decoupling feet
- Precision balanced TPE*-damped aluminium-platter / felt mat
- Metal/MDF sandwich chassis floating on TPE* suspension
- 9” carbon/aluminium tonearm with MM & MC capability
- Japanese ball bearing (base of tonearm)
- Integrated central vertical cable outlet for unhindered arm movement
- Ultra low friction Zircon pin-point cardan bearings (top & side)
- Azimuth and VTA fully adjustable
- TPE damped counterweight
- Optionally available with 2M Silver phono cartridge
- Classic wooden chassis in 3 matt finishes (walnut, rosenut, eucalyptus)
- Dustcover included
THE CLASSIC OFFERS CLASSIC LOOK AND INNOVATIVE HIGH-END TECHNOLOGY.
This turntable makes use of traditional frame design which was established by the famous turntable manufacturers of the 50’s and 60’s. It uses a compact simple and elegant form factor. The Classic incorporates a combination of approved belt drive design using a low noise AC motor with an ultra precision frequency DC-driven AC generator (like Speed Box) for ultimate speed stability. Advanced technology is used for decoupling and the completely new designed tonearm.
The Classic’s construction is also noteworthy. Its platter is made of aluminum, and its tonearm of aluminum and carbon fiber. Lifting the platter and subchassis from the wooden base, which comes in numerous finishes, reveals spherical dampers of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE), to help isolate the platter, arm, and cartridge from the motor and its vibrations. The Classic doesn’t look or feel cheap -- when I first saw it, I thought it would cost twice as much.