TANNOY KENSINGTON LOUDSPEAKER (EACH)
Pay as per month with Affirm
Pay as per month with Affirm
Tannoy’s timeless Kensington Gold Reference continues the marque’s heritage of blending time-honored values with cutting-edge performance. Its bold cabinet of finest mahogany plywood is extensively braced to house Tannoy’s flagship 250mm (10.00”) Gold Reference Dual Concentric™ driver. It’s high-efficiency compression driver with 50mm (2.00”) heat-treated dome, Alnico motor system and new, stiffer cone materials create outstanding dynamics, spacious sound staging and exceptional musical articulation.
The flagship 250 mm (10.00”) Dual with its Alnico magnets, identified by its PepperPot Waveguide, is fitted with the latest Tannoy GR cone material, comprising a bespoke paper pulp infused with fibers to increase its rigidity. Combined with the new 50mm (2.00”) aluminium-magnesium alloy cone, the Kensington GR Dual offers an expansive soundstage, extremely high power handling, and class-leading musical communication. The Kensington GR is set to follow its predecessor models as being the bestselling Prestige loudspeaker for its outstanding performance, small footprint, and elegant design.
To match the new Alnico GR Dual, the Kensington crossover has been extensively upgraded with custom-specification ICW ClarityCap™ MR capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and thick-film resistors, before the entire unit is Deep Cryogenically Treated. This technology brings a wealth of benefits to the Kensington GR sound, including more spacious soundstage, crisper micro dynamic detailing and an exceptional natural HF response.
The Kensington GR is hand built in the time-honored Tannoy fashion to ensure that attention to detail and unique styling go hand in hand in maintaining the exclusive appeal of this highly respected loudspeaker. It’s 18mm thick birch ply baffle and rear panel are extensively detailed with walnut inlays and machined metal trim. Easy room placement, adjustable HF power, and luxury oiled veneer finish with machined metal trim ensure Kensington Gold Reference is as easy to live with as it is exhilarating to listen to. Gold Reference takes Tannoy’s Kensington to new levels of refinement in every respect.
- 2 way floorstanding loudspeaker for large sized rooms
- Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging
- 10" highly efficient driver with 93 dB/Watt sensitivity and 500 Watt peak power handling deliver breath-taking dynamics and realism
- PepperPot WaveGuide powered by Tannoy Alnico magnet system enhances the point source symmetrical dispersion properties
- Aluminium-magnesium alloy diaphragm and Mylar surround compression driver delivers exceptional clarity and articulation throughout the high frequency range
- Handcrafted oiled walnut veneered cabinet with walnut inlays provides a unique and timeless piece of furniture
- capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and thick film resistors delivering a more natural and cohesive sound
- bi-wireable binding posts to improve signal transmission and integrity
- Fifth binding post provides grounding to reduce radio frequency interference and improve midrange clarity
- High density birch ply and particle board cabinet provides extreme rigidity to control low frequency performance
- Distributed Port system gives powerful and extended low frequency performance
- Extensive bracing incorporating DMT (Differential Materials Technology) to couple drivers to cabinets
- Precision machined gold anodised aluminium adjustment panel metal trim complements the aesthetic of the real wood cabinet
- Specially formulated Prestige wood wax provided to keep cabinet in pristine condition
- Tannoy - 90 years of British sound heritage and innovation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and manufactured in the U.K
Sensitivity: 93 dB
Nominal impedance (ohm): 8
Frequency response (-6 dB): 29 Hz – 27 kHz
Power handling: 500 W peak, 250 W RMS
Dimensions (H x W x D): 43.31” x 15.98” x 13.31”
Weight: 81.5 lb
Finish: Oiled Walnut
Single speaker price. Must be purchased in pairs.