Just Add (More) Speakers
Like the original M10, the M10 V2 exemplifies the “Just Add Speakers” revolution in hi-fi. But it takes that revolution a giant step further. Along with audiophile-grade speaker terminals, it has two independent subwoofer jacks, whose output settings are adjustable from the BluOS app. The M10 V2 adds Dolby Digital surround-sound decoding. Home-theatre fans can configure a pair of BluOS surround-enabled wireless speakers or amplifiers to play the surround channels, while the main speakers handle the front channels, so that the M10 V2 serves as the hub of a 4.1- or 4.2-channel Dolby Digital surround setup. The M10 V2 transmits the rear channels wirelessly, with very low latency, so you don’t have to run wires around your room to connect the surround speakers.
There are many ways to operate the M10 V2. Use the BluOS app on a smartphone, tablet, or computer to cue up music from your favourite streaming service, or music stored on USB and network drives. Choose some songs from the Spotify or Tidal app on your computer or smart device, then shift playback to the M10 V2. Stream music to the M10 V2 from an iPhone, iPad, or iTunes library via AirPlay 2. Select music by voice using the Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, or Google Assistant voice protocol. The M10 V2 is Roon Ready, so you can stream music from a Roon Core server. The M10 V2 can be integrated into Apple, Control4, Crestron, Lutron, and other home-automation systems, so you can control music playback, along with other home systems like lighting, shades, HVAC, and security. Use the supplied remote control to adjust volume, skip tracks, and activate preset commands. Or choose tracks, select sources, and adjust volume and other settings from the M10 V2’s touchscreen. In addition, the M10 V2 can learn commands from your favourite IR remote control.
The Power and the Glory
Created by the award-winning design firm DF-ID, the M10 V2 features a solid brushed aluminum chassis, Gorilla Glass top and front panels, and a bright 7″ touchscreen, with purer colours and wider viewing angle than the screen on the original M10. Behind that gorgeous display lies a sonic powerhouse that delivers thrilling dynamics and exquisite detail. Based on the renowned nCore technology, the M10 V2’s Hybrid Digital amplifier is conservatively rated at 100 watts per channel. Its updated gain algorithms allow higher output levels with inefficient speakers. The subwoofer outputs also have higher gain, allowing for a wider range of subwoofer-main speaker combinations. The ESS Sabre DAC can accept streams up to 24-bit/192kHz. The M10 V2 can stream lossless and high-resolution audio from services such as Deezer, Qobuz, and Tidal; and has full MQA hardware decoding and rendering capability.
With its compact form factor and elegant minimalist design, the M10 V2 will blend beautifully into any living space—not just visually, but sonically as well. Like the original M10, the M10 V2 has built-in Dirac Live Room Correction. Using the supplied calibrated microphone and intuitive Dirac app, you can correct peaks and dips caused by your room’s acoustics, up to 500Hz (a full-bandwidth version is available through Dirac). That way, you hear movie soundtracks and music as they were meant to be heard, free of anomalies caused by the listening environment. The M10 V2 can store up to five Dirac profiles for different listening positions, surround setups, or room conditions—for example whether the drapes are open or closed.
The M10 V2 is the perfect amplifier for the Internet era. With the user-friendly BluOS app, you can play music from your favourite streaming service, as well as locally stored music. But the M10 V2 also plays nicely with external components. It has RCA analogue, optical and coaxial digital, HDMI eARC, and USB Type A inputs, for connecting disc players, game consoles, external drives, media adapters, flat-panel displays, and other components. It also features two-way apt-X HD Bluetooth. With the M10 V2, you can listen through wireless headphones, stereo loudspeakers, a surround-sound setup, or up to 63 BluOS-capable wireless speakers arrayed throughout your home. Hi-fi doesn’t get more modern than this.
Features & Details
- BluOS Streaming Amplifier
- Wireless 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 channel surround options by adding BluOS Enabled players like the PULSE FLEX and PULSE SUB by Bluesound
- Hybrid Digital nCore Amplifier with updated gain algorithms
- Continuous Power: 100W into 8/4 Ohms
- Dynamic Power: 160W into 8 Ohms 300W into 4 Ohms
- 32-bit/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- 7″ IPS colour LCD touchscreen
- BluOS multi-room compatible
- AirPlay 2 integration, with support for Siri Voice Assistant
- Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant voice control skills
- Roon Ready
- Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Two-way Qualcomm aptX HD Bluetooth
- NFC Bluetooth pairing for compatible smart devices
- HDMI eARC,USB Type A inputs
- Stereo line analogue and coaxial/optical digital inputs
- Preamp output, two independent subwoofer outputs with updated gain algorithms
- IR Input, 12V Trigger Out
- Apps for iOS, Android, macOS, Windows, Crestron, Control4, RTI, URC, Elan, Lutron, iPort
- Wide variety of premium music services supported in BluOS app, including Amazon, Spotify, Tidal, TuneIn, Napster, Deezer, Qobuz and many others
- Support for all major lossless and lossy formats, including WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, AAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and others
- MQA decoding and rendering
- Infrared remote control handset included