TANNOY TURNBERRY LOUDSPEAKER (EACH)
Pay as per month with Paybright
Pay as per month with Paybright
Conveying all the power and musical articulation of the new Gold Reference Dual Concentric driver yet housed in a more compact 100 litre cabinet, Turnberry GR brings Prestige performance to smaller rooms. The 250 mm (10.00”) Gold Reference Dual, unique to the Turnberry GR, uses a new paper pulp cone material with HE twin roll fabric surround and 1.3 in aluminium-magnesium alloy dome tweeter with Tulip WaveGuide. The low-frequency cone is fitted with a new 50 mm (2.00”) edge wound voice coil. This latest evolution of the 250 mm (10.00”) Dual brings an even more thrilling and dynamic performance than its well-regarded predecessor.
The high power crossover is hand-built on a dedicated crossover board using the finest sounding components and full Deep Cryogenically Treated to improve crystal structure of the conductor throughout the circuit. The result is a rich and articulate sound with remarkable sound staging and all the cohesive musicality of a true point source transducer. The Turnberry GR’s High-Frequency power controls can tailor the listening experience without introducing any potential distortion that can result from using an amplifier’s ‘tone’ controls
The cabinet is hand-built from the finest plywood using traditional joinery methods to ensure that attention to detail and unique styling go hand in hand. A distributed port design for exemplary LF response from the enclosure, the cabinet is finished in Prestige oiled real walnut wood veneer and complimented with solid walnut trim and edging, machined metal trim and adjustable HF power.
It is detailed, dynamic and outstandingly articulate sound with all the musical cohesion inherent with the Dual Concentric driver. The Turnberry offers the bespoke cabinetry and remarkable performance of Tannoy’s Prestige series, yet costs no more than a typical mass-produced loudspeaker.
- 2 way floorstanding loudspeaker for medium to large sized rooms
- Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging
- 10" highly efficient driver with 93 dB/Watt sensitivity and 400 Watt peak power handling deliver breath-taking dynamics and realism
- Tulip Waveguide with 33mm aluminium-magnesium dome enhances the point source symmetrical dispersion properties, providing exceptional high frequency clarity and articulation
- Low frequency paper pulp cone with twin roll fabric surround provide natural sounding midrange and bass transient performance
- Handcrafted oiled walnut veneered cabinet with walnut inlays provides a unique and timeless piece of furniture
- capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and close tolerance wirewound resistors delivering a more natural and cohesive sound
- Custom gold plated bi-wireable binding posts to improve signal transmission and integrity
- Fifth binding post provides grounding to reduce radio frequency interference and improve midrange clarity
- High density particle board cabinet provides extreme rigidity to control low frequency performance
- Distributed Port system gives powerful and extended low frequency performance
- Extensive bracing incorporating DMT (Differential Materials Technology) to couple drivers to cabinets
- Precision machined gold anodised aluminium adjustment panel metal trim complements the aesthetic of the real wood cabinet
- Specially formulated Prestige wood wax provided to keep cabinet in pristine condition
- Tannoy - 90 years of British sound heritage and innovation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and manufactured in the U.K.
Sensitivity: 93 dB
Nominal impedance (ohm): 8
Frequency response (-6 dB): 34 Hz – 44 kHz
Power handling: 100 W RMS
Dimensions (H x W x D): 37.4” x 17.95” x 13.23”
Weight: 66 lb
Finish: Oiled Walnut
Single speaker price. Must be purchased in pairs.