TANNOY WESTMINSTER ROYAL LOUDSPEAKER (EACH)
Pay as per month with Affirm
Pay as per month with Affirm
The crowning achievement in the Prestige Gold Reference series and the culmination of many decades of Dual Concentric driver evolution, Tannoy is immensely proud of the Westminster Royal Gold Reference. This magnificent 530 litre compound horn loudspeaker owes much of its evolution to Tannoy’s Kingdom Royal development project. The new 380mm (15.00”) Dual Concentric driver is a natural but significant evolution of the classic 15” Dual, improving on every aspect of its performance both technically and subjectively. Within the Westminster Royal GR cabinet, the new driver exceeds an 18Hz to 27kHz frequency response while boasting 99dB efficiency and 700watt peak power handling.
Key to the Westminster Royal GR Driver is revised material for the main 15in cone and a new 50mm (2.00”) diaphragm for the HF compression driver. The LF/MF cone material remains a paper-pulp base with fibres introduced into the mix to improve the stiffness to weight ratio. While previous flagship Duals were stiffened with natural capoc fibres, the Gold Reference Duals integrate a bespoke Tannoy synthetic fibre that delivers more uniformed mechanical integrity across the entire surface area of the cone.
At the heart of the Westminster Royal GR Dual, the new 2” compression driver uses an aluminium-magnesium alloy dome heat treated to Tannoy’s exacting specifications. The diaphragm is terminated with a Mylar™ surround, delivering a technically and subjectively significant upgrade over the previous Prestige HF units. Delivering exceptional clarity and articulation throughout the HF range the new unit gives Westminster Royal GR even greater naturalness and presence.
The massive Westminster Royal GR crossover is meticulously hand-made by Tannoy engineers and comprises some of the finest audio components available today. Tannoy’s bespoke ICW ClarityCap™ MR capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and thick-film resistors are hard-wired into the crossover with silver plated cable and high-silver content solder. The entire crossover board in then Deep Cryogenically Treated, improving the crystal structure of all conductors in the signals path, and leading to sweet, open and incredibly detailed musical performance.
The glorious Westminster Royal GR cabinet is hand built from the finest birch plywood by Tannoy’s most experienced cabinet makers, each cabinet weighing close to 140kg when finished. The complex, compound horn design and curved front baffle allow the 15in Dual to ‘breath’ like no other Prestige model, delivering truly real-world dynamics and musical integrity. The luxury oiled-wood walnut veneer on panels and inlays, the gold trim and return of the classic Tannoy lightning strike logo exude the regal class of bespoke furniture.
With its new 15in Dual, DCT crossover and a new terminal panel featuring the latest WBT NextGen™ WBT-0703 speaker posts, the Westminster Royal GR delivers musical engagement with the same breath-taking scale as its visual splendour. With Tannoy’s High-Frequency Power Switch for fine tuning HF output and a matching woven-cloth grille, the Westminster Royal GR can be integrated into a wide range of rooms and décor. The Westminster Royal GR is an effortlessly capable loudspeaker that honours the decades of Dual Concentric technology but also of Tannoy the brand. The Westminster Royal GR is set to become a true Tannoy classic.
- 2 way horn loaded floorstanding loudspeaker for large sized rooms
- Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging
- 15" highly efficient driver with 99 dB/Watt sensitivity and 700 Watt peak power handling deliver breath-taking dynamics and realism
- PepperPot WaveGuide powered by Tannoy Alnico magnet system enhances point source symmetrical dispersion properties
- Aluminium-magnesium alloy diaphragm and Mylar surround compression driver delivers exceptional clarity and articulation throughout high frequency range
- Handcrafted oiled walnut veneered cabinet with hand-selected burr walnut inlays provides a unique and timeless piece of furniture
- capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and thick film resistors delivering a more natural and cohesive sound
- bi-wireable binding posts to improve signal transmission and integrity
- Fifth binding post provides grounding to reduce radio frequency interference and improve midrange clarity
- High density birch ply cabinet provides extreme rigidity to control low frequency performance
- Front midrange horn and rear loaded compound low frequency horn provide exceptionally high sensitivity and dynamics
- Extensive bracing incorporating DMT (Differential Materials Technology) to couple drivers to cabinets
- Precision machined gold anodised aluminium metal trims complement the aesthetic of the real wood cabinet
- Specially formulated Prestige wood wax provided to keep cabinet in pristine condition
- Tannoy - 90 years of British sound heritage and innovation
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and manufactured in the U.K.
Recommended amplifier power: 20 - 350 W
Continuous power handling: 175 W RMS
Peak power handling: 700 W
Sensitivity: 99 dB (2.83 V @ 1 m)
Nominal impedance: 8 ohm
Minimum Impedance: 5 ohm
Frequency Response (-6 dB): 18 Hz - 27 kHz
Dispersion: 90 degrees conical
Drivers: Dual Concentric™ high frequency (52 mm (2”) aluminium/magnesium alloy dome with round wire voice coil). Dual Concentric™ low frequency (380 mm (15”) with paper pulp cone and twin roll impregnated fabric surround. 52 mm (2”) round wire voice coil.
Crossover Frequency: B200 Hz acoustical, 1.0 kHz electrical
Crossover Type: Bi-wired, hard wired passive, low loss. Time compensated. 2nd order low pass. 2nd order high pass Adjustment: +/-3 dB over 1.0 kHz to 27 kHz shelving, + 2 dB to -6 dB per octave over 5 kHz to 27kHz slope
Enclosure type: Compound horn
Volume: 530 L (18.7 cuft)
Dimensions: 55" x 38.5" x 22” (1395 x 980 x 560 mm)
Weight, each: 304 lb
Finish: High density birch ply, walnut veneered, with solid walnut trim and edging
Single speaker price. Must be purchased in pairs.