HIFIROSE RA180 REFERENCE INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER
The HiFi Rose RA180 is a state-of-the-art Integrated Amplifier using the latest innovative technologies.
The RA180's Power damping and dead times we're reduced to 1/10 or less. Linearity was dramatically improved to create a near-perfect sound that transcends the boundaries between digital and analog.
New Concept Class AD Amplifier
The amplifier has developed the Class A to AB to Class D. Class AB was developed to improve the high heat generation and low efficiency of A.
Class D has higher efficiency and higher output the AB, and also significantly improved S/N and THD characteristics compared to A and AB.
However, the sound quality has been evaluated as inferior to A/AB due to the limitations of the digital circuit.
The GaN class AD amplifier developed by HiFi ROSE has dramatically improved the problems of the existing Class D by applying innovative new materials.
Next Generation GaN FET-Applied Class AD Amplifiers
Class D amplifiers have a topology that theoretically provides a perfect linear output at 0% distortion and 100% power efficiency. In order to achieve this, the switching action requires high speed and accuracy. However, previous products were weak compared to Class A/AB in the linearity aspect due to the limitations of silicon FET, which couldn't produce a smooth and natural sound.
In the the ROSE RA180, a new material, GaN FET, was used instead of Silicon FET to solve this problem. The dead time dramatically improved to 1/10 or less, and a nearly perfect linear output was realised with a switching speed cloase to zero.
This linearity goes beyond the Class D limits and produces a smooth and natural sound, like an analog amplifier.
First Look Video of the HiFi ROSE RA180 by Studio Incar
4 Mono Amplifiers - Multi Output Configuration using Modules
The HiFi ROSE RA180 consists of two modules: one AMP module specialised for stable mid-bass and balance, and another specialised for smooth high-pitched and supertweeter areas.
Each AMP module supports 200 W (8 Ohm) and can output up to 400 W per channel. When two independent modules are connected to a speaker's high and low frequencies separatelty, the driving force can be greatly improved without being affected by a counter electro-motive force.
BTL mode combines two independent modules for rich, balanced sound.
Designed to Play up to the Super Tweeter Realm
THe human hearing range has an upper limit of 15-20kHz. So, is there any need for higher frequencies? Temporarily high trebles extend well beyond 20kHz, even in harmonious sound.
For example, trumpets have a frequency response that extends to 100 kHz, and 88.2 kHz to 192 kHz sources have a 40 kHz to 96 kHz frequency response.
The RA180 is designed with a wide frequency response range so that even high-resolution sound sources with an output range of 20 Hz to 50 kHz, 100 kHz @ -3 dB, 200 kHz @ -6 dB. Although this playability may be outside a person's hearing range, it faithfully reproduces a wide frequency range, which contributes to expressing a deep and wide sound field with the original sound.
Balanced Power Supply
The power supply that has been exclusively developed for the RA180 apples 4th generation SiC FET technology to provide high output with less heat. In addition, by using a self-developed PFC (power factor circuit), it is designed not to be affected by sudden load fluctuations.
The power supply device was developed to support a powerful damping factor of at least 200, and the high output of 1000 W is designed to produce powerful bass and soft treble.
PHONO Amplifer with Variable EQ
The purpose of the PHONO amplifier provided by the RA180 is for the recording producer to accurately reproduce the original intention. It also reproduces the original sound as it is, which is the principle of HiFi ROSE.
it is designed to respond to a variety of vinyl records with low-mid bass TURNOVER and high-frequency ROLL OFF adjustment functions.
Amplifies the very weak signal picked up by the cartridge and keep it as close as possible to the original sound. MOVING MAGNET and MOVING COIL stages are provided with a simple switch selection and EQ values corresponding to curves from various record manufacturers are provided using parts with a 0.1% tolerance.
- Source Input Selector - Line Input x3, Balance x1, Phono x1, Supports a total of 5 external inputs. Volume is motorised and adjustable remotely.
- Tone Control - You can control the TREBLE, BASS and BALANCE attributes.
- Active Crossover - By removing the low frequency range, only the high frequency range is output, enable to produce a high-quality sound.
- Main Volume - The main volume is motorised and is adjustable remotely.
- Pure Direct - By bypassing the input signal without going through balance, tone control or active crossover, the purity of the sound quality can be improved.
- Speaker Output Selector - Two sets of speakers can be connected and each set of speakers can be controlled by a switch.
- Dimmer - The brightness of the light on the front panel can be adjusted in 3 levels.
- Subsonic - Blocks the ultra-high frequency to prevent ultra-high noise from negatively affecting the speaker.
- Attenuator - Reduce the amount of volume output to a minimum level.
- Circuit Breaker Recruitment - The power circuit breaker has been recruited to improve the conductivity of the input electricity, and by securing a wide passage for input electricity, the resolution of sound quality has been improved as well.
- BTL Mode - By combining 4 mono amplifiers into 2 amplifier blocks, 400 W (8 Ohm) output per channel is supported.
- AC Power Input - By adopting FURUTECH terminals processed with pure copper optimised for audio, it transmits the input electricity wuthout interfering with the purity.
- Subwoofer Out - Connect with active subwoofer units to provide a rich bass listening experience.
|Amplifier Output||4 Ohms||200W x 4ch (800W)|
|8 Ohms||200W x 4ch (880W)|
|BTL Mode On||400W x 2ch (400W)||400W x 2ch|
|Input Sensitivity||Balanced Input||2000mV||200W x 4ch|
|Unbalanced (Line 1, 2, 3) Input||1000mV||200W x 4ch|
|Phono (MC/MM) Input||5mV / 0.5mV||200W x 4ch|
|Impedance Input||Balanced Input||44k Ohms|
|Unbalanced (Line 1, 2, 3) Input||47k Ohms|
|Phono (MM/MC) Input||47k Ohms|
|Bandwidth (0dBr +- 3dB / 8 Ohm)||Speaker Output||10Hz - 90kHz||100W x 2ch|
|H/F Speaker Output||10Hz - 90kHz||100W x 2ch|
|Frequency Response (1W, 0 +- 1dB / 8 Ohm)||Speaker Output||10Hz - 90kHz||1W x 2ch|
|H/F Speaker Output||10Hz - 90kHz||1W x 2ch|
|THD Measure||Balanced and Unbalanced (Line 1, 2, 3) Input||0.005% (50W)||200W x 4ch|
|Damping Factor||Speaker and H/F Speaker Output||>150||200W x 2ch|
|Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N)||BTL / Balanced, Unbalanced / Phono MM, MC||107dB / 105dB / 80dB (MM), 60dB (MC)||200W x 4ch|
|Impedance Output||Speaker Output||53m Ohm||200W x 4ch|
|Subsonic Filter with On/Off Switch||-3dB||50Hz||1W x 4ch|
|Tone Control with On/Off Switch||Bass (100Hz) / Treble (10kHz)||+- 15dB||1W x 2ch (Speaker Output)|
|X-Over with On/Off Switch||HPF (-3dB)||600Hz - 6kHz||1W x 2ch (H/F Speaker Output)|
|300Hz (+7.7dB @100Hz)|
|400Hz (+11.7dB @100Hz)|
|500Hz (+13dB @ 100Hz)||RIAA|
|700Hz (+14.5db @ 100hz)|
|1.6kHz (-16dB @ 10kHz)|
|2.1kHz (-13.7dB @ 10kHz)||RIAA|
|3.18kHz (-11dB @ 10kHz|
|3.4kHz (-8dB @ 10kHz)|
|6.36kHz (-5dB @ 10kHz)|
|Design||Size||430mm x 350mm x 110mm|
|Body||High Purity Aluminium|
|Power||Power||SMPS (800W)||Maximum Output: 1100w|
|Voltage||AC100-230v, 50 / 60Hz||Standby Mode Power Consumption: >0.5w|
|Audio In / Out on Rear||Trigger||Trigger Voltage Can be turned On: 3.3v - 12v|
|Remote Control||IR Input||38kHz Infrared Ray (Within 10m of operating distance)|