AESTHETIX JANUS ECLIPSE PREAMPLIFIER
First phase: Internal changes to the Janus start with .22uF / 600v Stealth coupling capacitors used between the second and third gain stages, and the third gain stage and output stage of the phono section. Two more are used between the gain stage and output stage of the line section, per channel. Twelve total of these exotic capacitors are used.
There are four 2uF / 400v coupling capacitors used in each channel of the output stage of the Janus. In the Eclipse version, these are replaced with Stealth copper foil 4uF/400v, improving low frequency response.
Second phase: High frequency tuning capacitors are installed and hand-adjusted to tailor the frequency response to a tight .1dB standard (as also found on our Signature version).
Third phase: The high voltage transformer, heater transformer and high voltage choke are all re-installed on isolation mounts. Harmonic Resolutions Systems' Nimbus Couplers specially made for Aesthetix replace the four rubber feet of standard units (as also found on our Signature version). The new power supply is installed with enhanced ventilation. Additional damping material is added to key chassis points.
Fourth phase: A single point ground system is used to ground the transformer cases as they are no longer electrically grounded to the chassis via physical contact due to their isolation mounts. All Eclipse Rhea, Calypso and Janus units receive a new power supply, which has been refined by improved trace routing to further reduce extraneous noise.
- Fully balanced differential line-level circuitry with ability to internally balance a single ended input signal.
- RCA and XLR provided for each input.
- Discrete resistor volume control with 88 1dB steps.
- Zero feedback.
- Phono input: 40-75dB gain maximum, selectable via front panel or remote control.
- Built-in MC cartridge demagnetizer.
- 9 MC loading settings: 75-47,000 ohms, selectable via front panel or remote control.
- All tube amplification and output (12 tubes total).
- Two sets of XLR and two sets of RCA outputs per channel.
- Bypass mode for home theatre processor throughput.
- Absolute phase, selectable via front panel or remote control.
- Full function remote included.
- Available in black or silver faceplate.
Janus is available in three versions: Standard, Signature and Eclipse.
The standard version uses high-grade Rel-Cap polypropylene coupling capacitors. The Signature version uses exotic and expensive coupling capacitors and other critical parts to bring the performance to a higher level.
All versions of Janus can be factory upgraded to Signature.