CELEBRATING THE PAST
The retro-look integrated amplifier harkens back to the heyday of HiFi, and incorporates LED illuminated left and right VU meters, but includes modern features like hi-res multi-room streaming, the ability to decode MQA studio master recordings, and Dirac Room Correction via the included BluOS-D MDC2 module, as well as AirPlay 2, two-way aptX HD Bluetooth, and HDMI eARC. Other inputs and outputs include a phono stage and a dedicated headphone amplifier. It is powered by the latest version of NAD’s HybridDigital amplifier rated at 100 watts per channel of Full Disclosure Power and features a high-resolution audiophile-grade DAC
EMBRACING THE FUTURE
The C 3050 incorporates the latest generation of NAD’s Modular Design Construction future-proofing technology. With MDC2, owners can add new features and functions by inserting an MDC2 module into a slot at the back of the component. MDC2 features an all-new architecture that enables two-way communications between the module and host component. Optional on the C 3050, the MDC2 BluOS-D adds two leading-edge capabilities: Dirac Live room correction and BluOS high-resolution multi-room music streaming.
TUNING THE ROOM
Dirac Live enables the C 3050 to overcome the weakest link in most sound systems: the listening room itself. Using a calibrated microphone and an app running on a smart device or personal computer, Dirac Live plays test tones through your speakers, then analyzes the results and creates filters that correct problems like standing waves and unwanted reflections. With Dirac Live enabled, you’ll enjoy vastly improved bass definition, greater clarity and tonal accuracy, and more precise imaging. Thanks to MDC2’s two-way communications, Dirac Live works on all sources connected to the C 3050.
A WORLD OF MUSIC
Connecting to your home network via Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet, the MDC2 BluOS-D in the C 3050 gives you access to nearly all the music ever recorded through the award-winning BluOS multi-room music management system. Using the intuitive BluOS app, you can cue up music from more than 20 popular streaming services, including several that offer lossless and high-res audio, such as Amazon Music Ultra HD, Deezer, Qobuz, and Tidal. Like all BluOS-enabled products, the C 3050 supports high-res audio to 24-bit/192kHz. It also features MQA decoding and rendering capability, for studio-quality playback from Tidal. In addition, BluOS provides access to thousands of internet radio stations and lets you play music from your own digital library.
The MDC2 BluOS-D supports Apple AirPlay 2, so you can stream audio to the C 3050 from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Also supported are Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect. You can select music in the apps for those services, then quickly transfer playback to the C 3050. You can even control playback by voice using Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Siri (via AirPlay 2). An IR remote control is also included.
With the MDC2 BluOS-D installed, the C 3050 integrated amplifier can be part of a whole-home music system with as many as 64 zones, all with independent source and volume control. You can have different music playing in different zones, or group zones together and play the same music simultaneously. MDC2’s bidirectional architecture enables the BluOS-D to stream music from any source connected to the C 3050 to BluOS-enabled components in other rooms.
CONNECT IT ALL
With its full suite of digital and analog inputs, the C 3050 can accommodate all your source components. Vinyl fans will appreciate the C 3050’s ultra-low-noise MM phono stage. For movie and TV viewing, there’s an HDMI eARC interface, enabling the C 3050 to serve as the hub or a two- or 2.1-channel home-theatre setup. The C 3050 also has line-level analog, coaxial digital, and optical digital inputs.
In addition to two sets of speaker terminals, the C 3050 has a subwoofer output and a dedicated headphone amplifier. It also features two-way Bluetooth aptX HD, so you can stream music to the amplifier from a mobile device or stream music from the amplifier to a pair of wireless headphones. Pre-out/main-in connections let you use the C 3050 as a preamp only and add a separate power amplifier. For custom integrators, there’s a 12V trigger and IR input.
Combining NAD’s iconic sound with a retro design inspired by the classic 3030 amplifiers, the C 3050 Stereophonic Amplifier pays tribute to NAD’s 50 years of innovation in amplifier design. Its advanced engineering provides capabilities that no audiophile could have dreamt of a half-century ago.
- Continuous output power into 8 ohms and 4 ohms 100W (ref. 20 Hz-20 kHz at rated THD, both channels driven)
- THD (20 Hz – 20 kHz) <0.03% (250 mW to 100 W, 8 ohms and 4 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio >95dB (A-weighted, 500 mV input, ref. 1 W out in 8 ohms)
- Clipping power >115 W (at 1 kHz 0.1 % THD)
- IHF dynamic power 8 ohms: 180 W, 4 ohms: 250W, 2 ohms: 300 W
- Peak output current >20A (in 1 ohm, 1 ms)
- Frequency response ±0.3 dB (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- HybridDigital UcD Amplifier
- MDC2 port for expanded functionality
- Optional MDC2 BluOS-D module adds BluOS Hi-Res multi-room music streaming and Dirac Live room correction
- MDC2 BluOS-D module provides access to more than 20 streaming services, including several that offer lossless and high-resolution audio
- Support for Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, and Tidal Connect
- Voice control via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Apple Siri
- Network connectivity Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 Wi-Fi 5
- USB 1 x Type-A port for connection to USB memory stick (FAT32 or NTFS formatted) and supported peripherals
- Bluetooth quality aptX HD 5.0
- Bluetooth connectivity Two-Way (Receive and Headphone modes)
- High-performance 32-bit/384kHz Texas Instruments differential DAC
- Ultra-low-noise MM phono stage with infrasonic filtering circuitry
- One optical, one coaxial digital input
- HDMI-eARC input
- One set of line-level analogue inputs with low-noise buffer amplifiers
- Speaker A/Speaker B outputs
- Subwoofer output
- Dedicated headphone amplifier
- Supplied accessories include an IR remote control and a calibrated microphone for Dirac Live setup
- CI-Friendly – IR remote, 12V Trigger out, IR in
- Seamless integrations with smarthome control systems such as Control4, Crestron, RTI, URC, Push, Lutron, iPort, and Elan
- Gross dimensions (W x H x D) 435 x 110 x 355mm 17 1/4 x 4 3/8 x 14 inches
- Net weight 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Shipping weight 12.6 kg (27.8 lbs)